Sunday, July 22, 2012

Reflections on our time in Texas

Some observations I made over the past week:

  1. It really is Big Sky Country. (If you've never been to TX, this will not make sense.)
  2. People drive MUCH faster on the highways in TX (regardless of the speed limit).
  3. Motorcyclists still do not wear helmets.
  4. Southern Hospitality is unique to this place. (Didn't realize how much I miss it.)
  5. Sweet tea is better in TX.
  6. Deb R. still has the best salsa!
  7. We picked up where we left off with our dearest friends. (Such a blessing.)
  8. Fish City did not disappoint.
  9. My son is at home in TX and surrounded by people who love him.
  10. I miss the beautiful sound of the spanish language.
  11. We are loved in TX.

2 comments:

  1. It was so nice seeing you all. Wishing you the best and hoping that next time is not this long till we meet again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb! They DO have the best sweet tea. I've never lived in Texas but Cynthia did, so it holds a tender spot in my heart. Glad you had a great time. :)
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete