Saturday, March 7, 2009

Ready or not...here I come!

Well, here it is...my first official blog. I can't really believe I'm doing it.

My husband asked me if I would consider writing a blog so that he and I could share our own perspectives on similar topics. He is currently preaching on relationships - mostly the marriage relationship - for the next three weekends. He thought it might be nice for the woman's voice to be heard also. Not that he's some male chauvinist. He's definitely not. He's got great insight into relationships and how they work. I thought it sounded like a good idea. So I agreed.

I'll be sharing from my own life experience as a woman who has been married for almost 20 years and definitely seen my share of ups and downs in our relationship. Believe me, I don't claim to be an expert on men or marriage but hopefully some of the things I've learned along the way can be helpful to someone else.

So join me on this blogging journey. Hopefully it will be a time of growth for both of us!

3 comments:

  1. looking forward to it Barb. Great to 'see' you here and excited to hear from you guys about marriage. Surprisingly (or maybe not), the hardest thing about living in Iraq has not been culture, distance, language etc. but marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome!!! I look forward to reading from someone who has several years on me in the marriage department!

    Great profile picture, too!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to your perspective, Barb. Bob is a great teacher and an even better friend, but he cannot begin to plumb the depths of the mystery that is called the female mind.

    ReplyDelete