Thursday, March 19, 2009

What to Wear

Do I really have to wear that skimpy little itchy thing?

Well sure…if you want to bring delight to your husband’s heart it might be a good idea. I grew up in a very conservative home where sex was never really discussed, other than for my parents to say, “Don’t do it!” So clearly, preparing for a night of intimacy with my husband by setting the scene and wearing lingerie was never a conversation I had with my mother in the days as my wedding drew near. You can bet though, that I’ll be having those conversations with my daughters when the time is right.

I’ll admit, spending money on a very small article of clothing that you won’t wear for very long at all can be challenging to some. Some women might think there’s no point. But the allure and mystery that it adds can be very exhilarating to your husband. And even more than the delight he experiences when seeing you in lingerie is the joy it brings to his heart knowing that you took the time to think about it and choose something he would enjoy. When we put thought and effort into setting the stage for our intimate time with our husband, it does not go unnoticed.

If this is a new idea to you and you just don’t know where to start, begin by listening to him. What does he like? What are the things he has mentioned he would enjoy seeing you in? Maybe it’s not just lingerie. Maybe it’s one of his shirts. Maybe it’s the music and candles you’ve filled the room with. So step out of your comfort zone, take your husband by the hand to the lingerie department in the nearest mall (or one in the next town if that makes it easier) and let him choose something he would love to see you in.

No comments:

Post a Comment